Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The sweetest thing...


Sounds odd to say but truly my heart is aflutter...is that even a word? I'm sure some school teachers will catch me on that one! But, I am having such a 'mom' moment and I can't stop smiling!

My 7 year old daughter, Victoria, has not really enjoyed reading. She'll do it but it is not one of her favorite things at all. She gets frustrated and gives up easily. I wish she could see the MAJOR improvements I've witnessed over the last few months. Anyway, yesterday morning she read a few parts from our devotional book at breakfast. Plus she joyfully read the prayer at the end. Her smile was amazing! She didn't get every word 100% right yet I could tell she loved reading it. I was speechless at first. Proud and thankful because God was so visible to me in that brief moment. (Oh and did you noticed I posted a picture!?? Whee! hehehehe)

3 comments:

The Novotny News said...

I LOVE IT! Great job Marcie! I am so glad that reading is coming along! What an accomplishment for both you and Victoria! Great job! Keep the pictures coming!

Prachar family said...

Way to go...I am still expecting your call and can help you easily!
Good job Victoria, keep up the hard work, it all pays off!
Miss Travis

Marner Family said...

Ah yes! That is so awesome ... wish my AH-HA moment with Camden was like that ... but I still cherish it too. Keep up the hard work! -b