Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Look at your hair!

"Oh wow! Look at your hair!" That is the polite phrase my friend Lorrie uses whenever someone gets a haircut. It isn't a good comment or a bad one. So, you can't really tell if she likes it. But she is enthusiastic and smiling so it does build you up. She is GOOD! She's done it to me and I always feel great afterward even if I didn't like my haircut.

Today at work I had the same type of "Lorrie" smile and enthusiasm. A customer walked into Lemstone (the best Christian bookstore!), when she saw me she was so excited! She hugged me and for the life of me I had NO CLUE who she was. Her husband was smiling as she introduced me but I still couldn't place her. I quickly ran through my mental address book. I knew her voice but I couldn't remember her name. How embarrassing! After about 20 min. or so, I finally remembered her. Why didn't I just ask her what her name was at the beginning? Why go through all of that?

Ok...random thoughts in the middle of the week.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

I absolutely HATE it when that happens! At least you figured out who it was!! Why does it take us so long!!
Love you!
Travis

CihaPet said...

It is because we know we hate it when we aren't remembered, and we don't want someone else to find out that we are a dork and can't remember THEIR name, even if we met them only once and it was at a crowded Christmas party 4 years ago and we haven't seen them since.