Thursday, October 16, 2008

One dream come true....

One of my dreams has finally come true! We FINALLY have high speed internet at my house! Hooray! On dial up I could open up a file with an attachment, go make a sandwich, come back and it would still be loading. Some days I could even eat the sandwich, clean up, come back and it would still be loading. Now on high speed it is FAAAAAAAAST! So, no more snacks for me which could be a good thing.

I have been warned that now that I've crossed over I can never go back. I've already told my husband that I'd request more hours at work to pay for it if I had to because I'm never going back! He's fairly amused. I'm like a little kid with a new toy.

Hopefully I'll soon learn how to put pictures and music and such on here. But for now I'm having too much fun checking out sites I couldn't view before. As a matter of fact I JUST learned that my friend Travis' blog has music. Before, on dial up, I kept hearing something but didn't even realize it was supposed to be a real song!

4 comments:

Marner Family said...

YEAH! Now I hope to see you blogging more. :)

Glad to hear the good news. Enjoy the "modern" times ... not sure how I ever used to use the internet on dial-up! -b

Prachar family said...

YEAH, you were at the top of my blogroll! Lets keep it up there!! Looking forward to "seeing" the kids on here. Alayna mentioned Victoria and Cristina's visit again yesterday. Apparently that is scheduled in her mind!!
Travis

sweetander said...

Hey - You better check out my blog. Now that you're up and running, you've been "tagged"! iowaandersonblog.blogspot.com
Can't wait to see photos!!!

CihaPet said...

"I'd request more hours at work to pay for it if I had to because I'm never going back"
I'm gonna hold you to that... ;-P