Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm drowning!

Yikes! I'm drowning in a sea of Facebook friend requests, blog updates, regular emails and life in general. Help!!! Ok so I'm slightly exaggerating but my oh my. "Back in the day" of bbs life (which was about 15 years ago) I could carry on conversations with about 20 or more people and had no problem. I could post, talk and even eat a snack. Now I don't even understand half of the requests I'm getting. I have people writing on my wall, tagging me, and requesting to be my friend. Plus they keep multiplying at a VERY rapid rate.

I was quite excited the other day when I posted a picture hehehe Let me just say it is a sad day when my own husband requests to be my friend on Facebook and I'm not even sure what to do next. Of course, the obvious question is 'Do I want him as a friend?" mwahahaha Oh and now I get a 'relationship request' YIKES! At least it is from Michael!

I've been trying to limit my computer time but it isn't working. When we had dial-up it would take me forever to do something but that was only one or two tasks at a time. Now I'm on high speed but all that means is that I'm losing track of things faster than before. Does this ever end? I keep hearing how much fun this is supposed to be but I'm not getting that loving feeling.

Is this what happens when one gets old? Although according to a dear friend of mine "You know you are old when you become a middle school service project!" hahaha So I still have a few years left before that happens.

Seriously though I feel like I have taken a seven year break on computer games, lingo and such. So now I'm feeling overwhelmed. So if you tag me and I don't respond you'll know why. My biggest concern is that I'll be really addicted. Housework, family time, basic real life things are already taking a back seat. Where does one sign up for self-control? Could I set up a timer that would kick me offline?

No comments: