Friday, October 17, 2008

Hubby posts again!

High Speed, Routers and blogs... OH MY!
OK, I had to sneak in again...
Well, I've been digging myself out of the avalanche of contacts and stuff over on Facebook. Thanks Carlos for the invite.
Anyone who has known me over the years knows that I have always kept as distant as possible when it comes to anything political. I've always had a bit off an "activist" attitude about the few things I was passionate about, but recently, I dunno, seems like ever since I turned 40, something has been unleashed in me. I've always 'wrote to my representatives', but now I'm writing them, and others, a LOT more. I've even dedicated one of my blogs to 'all things politics'. Oh, I'm not some crafty commentator or analyst (Stephanopoulos can sleep at nights on that one I guess). I mostly post the things that I get in my email that relate to the "issues at hand".
But to the first two items on this entry... We are now on day 3 of having high speed internet. It was so EASY to set up the cable modem. Man, save yourself a few bucks when you sign up for high speed, have them send you the "do-it-yourself" kit. If you can read, you can set up your system. I think even my wife could have done it!
Up to this point, I'd been relying on open wireless connections from various neighbors to get online at home with my laptop from work. But that has been getting progressively harder to do as more secure their wireless and others are just too far away to connect. So, yesterday, a wireless router I ordered came in and I set that up as well. It was about 1 am before I headed off to bed. No, it wasn't that hard, it was actually easier than the cable modem. But we had gotten home late, had to do the 'bed time routines' while Marcie was on a conference call and occupying the computer/high speed internet. So I used my work laptop to do the things I had to do. When Marcie FINALLY came down, I went up to install the wireless router and finish up a few other items in the office. Hence 1am bed time. Nevermind that I had committed to going to the Friday morning prayer @ 6 am!!!
And then I wonder why I don't have a lot of energy at work? OH MY...

Michael out...

No comments: