Monday, November 3, 2008

Sweet Tunes

My daughter, Victoria, wasn't feeling too well in the car today. She asked me to sing to her but unfortunately my voice is really scratchy. I felt bad but just couldn't do it. So Cristina came to the rescue which actually shocked me! Unfortunately, Cristina is not typically the one filled with compassion. Yet she sang so sweetly tonight I wish I had the ability to record it. She sang songs she has learned at church and at chapel at school. Plus she sang some made up songs that I usually sing to them when they are sick. It was truly beautiful! By the time we got home both Victoria and I felt better!

Of course now I'm in bed completely exhausted. Yet as I think of that sweet music I can't help but smile again. It is no surprise that God loves it when we sing praises to Him. Music really has a way of bringing joy to the heart and health to our souls. I know He was smiling tonight too!

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

precious!

CihaPet said...

It was very precious to hear Cristina singing like that... So often she's too much like her daddy (LOUD) and hearing her sing in the car is not usually so wonderful as she's making fun of songs and being goofy... But this was so sweet to hear. Truly a 'you had to be there' moment.