Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm NEVER washing my hand again!

This was the giggly shriek of my girls after the UofIA Women's Basketball game. The highlights, the score, the MVP...well none of that mattered. Even the ice cream we ate didn't seem to matter anymore. After the game, Michael, took them by the hall where all the players pass by on their way to the locker room. So they were able to give some gals a High 5. Their dream came true when they got to touch Megan Skouby's hand. I wish I had a picture of their faces because it was too cute! "Wow! I'm NEVER washing this hand again. Ever!!"

As if that wasn't enough to make their day the girls actually got to meet their idol Megan Skouby! It was actually quite by accident that we got to meet her. We were waiting for the elevator after the game. The line was huge so we decided to wait. After a bit, Megan came back out to the floor. My girls were speechless! They wanted to run up to her but they were both paralyzed. She was there to meet some other young gals. I finally coaxed me girls to go up to her. All they could do was smile. Even when asked if they enjoyed the game all they could do was giggle like crazy! Megan thought the girls were adorable. That made me giggle like crazy! If she only knew them like I do....and yes I'm kidding!

She and I will continue to chat on Facebook. She is a very sweet gal! Although I do feel bad for her team mates. If she isn't on the court my girls stop watching the game. Plus if she even looks hurt my girls become very upset. I know they are going to be upset when she graduates. For me it doesn't matter because I'm quickly becoming addicted to women's basketball. Megan will always be our personal MVP but we will probably always enjoy the game. If anyone ever wants to go to a game with us let me know. We have a blast!

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

They look thrilled! How adorable!

CihaPet said...

It was so funny to be standing next to the girls while all of this transpired. Seeing Victoria's face, I missed Cristina's, after the high-five alone was priceless. But she did a good job of 're-enacting' it for mom.

sweetander said...

The girls look SOOOO happy! So adorable!