Saturday, November 15, 2008

Show & Tell Success!


Cristina was the Handy Helper for the week. She was able to be the line leader every time they left the classroom. She got to help Mrs. VanOtterloo by handing out papers. Plus, at lunch she got to sit with anyone in the classroom. She chose her friend Cayley Annis. The two of them together is funny to watch. They giggle like crazy!




Victoria was the Handy Helper last week but due to a 1/2 day on Friday she never got to sit with a special friend. She chose to sit with me! I was so honored and very surprised. When I asked her why she chose me she said "Mom, I love you!" Ok I could've cried right then and there but I held it together. It was the best meal I've ever had! Considering how icky the pizza was that is saying a LOT! :)



Another MAJOR highlight of Show & Tell Day was Megan Skouby, #44, UofIA Basketball player. She came to Heritage Christian School to surprise the girls. I was a wreck! It is hard to keep such a big secret. My girls had absolutely no idea! Typically, I volunteer at the school on Friday until lunch. Since Megan was coming I was there all day. Unfortunately I spent most of the day looking at my watch. Needless to say it made for a VERY long day. I think I was driving the school secretary nuts! Luckily she and I used to work together so she is used to my frantic side.

Cristina was in the midst of showing the class her stuffed cat, Tammy, when I walked in. Mrs. VanOtterloo told the class that Cristina had something else for Show & Tell that even she didn't know about. Of course all the kids were curious. So when Megan Skouby walked in Cristina and Victoria couldn't speak!! Cristina immediately started giggling quite nervously. Megan thought that was so cute. Cristina was able to sit on her lap and all she could do was giggle and giggle! I'm not sure if she breathed at all.

The class was able to ask her questions about the team, the position she plays, her eyebrow piercing (oh my!). The question that got all the "oohs and aahs" was when they found out she is 6'6" tall! They all chimed in and said "That's taller than Mrs. Van Otterloo and Miss Veenstra!" When their teacher mentioned that Megan is even taller that Mr. VanOtterloo they all shrieked! One boy, Caden, was so excited he exclaimed "I think I'm going to faint! This is the best Friday ever!!" Oh it was so adorable. They each got to give her High 5's when it was over. They loved jumping up to reach her hand.

Megan was so gracious and professional. Our time with her went by too quickly. I know I could have sat and listened to the kids silly questions for a while longer. Megan gave them each an autographed poster, a refrigerator magnet and a trading card with their basketball schedule. I was so impressed! I truly can't wait to go to another game! I think I'm more excited than my girls. If anyone ever wants to join us please let me know! We always have a blast. GO HAWKS!


2 comments:

CihaPet said...

You know, if I would have been there with the camcorder, it would have raised TOO much suspicion. It worked out well as is.
Thanks Megan! You rock!

Prachar family said...

You pulled it off! Sounds like it went over perfectly! WOW, 6'6" is tall...take it from me! When I shared that trivia with Paul, he also said wow, then added "That's my kind of woman!" Okay, good thing I am not the jealous type! Great job supermom!

OK, I just have to laugh, I scrolled down for the very annoying word verification and its "cards"...hilarious that that would have some meaning for the 2 of us!