Sunday, January 10, 2010

Calories, Carbs and Fat....Oh My!

My head is swimming with information regarding calories, carbs and fat. Keeping track of sugar, protein and sodium is a close second. No wonder I'm fat! It is SO MUCH EASIER to eat processed food with ingredients I can't pronounce. I don't have to think about a thing. Now that I am really trying to watch what I eat I am getting a bit frustrated and almost paranoid. I don't want to over eat yet I want to enjoy what I am eating. Where is the balance? If anyone has a good suggestion please let me know. For a moment I was starting to get a bit depressed about it. I realized I'm losing my focus. This journey isn't just about weight loss it is about surrendering myself to the Lord. Although that sounds so cliche it is the truth. My deepest desire is to turn to Him long before I turn to food for satisfaction, validation or comfort.

I have to continuously remind myself to focus on the current step I am on. I don't want to worry about the million steps I have yet to take. All I am responsible for is today! So how did I do today? It is Sunday which, in the fall , has always meant church and then hours and hours of football and snacks. The girls and I interact very little and lately Michael has been at work. Well, we changed things up a little bit. All of us went to church but then the girls and I went to the gym. I worked out for almost an hour. I treated myself to 30 minutes in the infrared sauna. It was amazing! I am noticing that I am able to stand for longer periods of time. I'm also not completely fatigued when we get home from the gym. Progress, progress, progress!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome about being able to stand longer and not get fatigued as easily!

About enjoying without overdoing:

have some ready snacks on hand to fill up on that are good for you (green veggies for example) and THEN eat the stuff you really desire so you will not have so much room to over indulge. :)

Emily said...

Great job, Marcie! We are very proud of you, and we'll keep on praying! I have been trying to cook healthier meals (that taste good) for a while now, so if you want some good recipes, let me know!