Thursday, January 29, 2009

Still Winter...Still Getting Away

After many many hours in the car we finally were able to relax in Zanesville, OH. It is an interesting little town and maybe someday we'll actually visit and do some sightseeing. All the girls really cared about was if the hotel had a pool. So, after a mandatory dinner break we rushed back to the hotel. As fast as they could they changed into their bathing suits. Unfortunately I forgot to pack flip flops so they had to wear their winter boots. It didn't matter they still looked adorable. They actually thought it was rather silly. After all, being silly is a great part of a vacation with children.

We can't wait to tell Amy Gilbaugh (their swim teacher) that Cristina actually got into the water by herself! Plus she swam a little bit and went under the water. Those are major accomplishments. Prior to swim lessons she would scream whenever I tried to wash her hair in the shower. Michael or I always had to hold her in the pool. So I know Michael was thrilled he didn't have to go swimming too. I think he was afraid he may have drowned in the pool. He was exhausted from all the driving. Victoria was so excited to have the pool all to herself! Our little mermaid swam, chased a ball she found on the side of the pool, did somersaults, and floated. We spent a lot of time listening to "Watch me! Watch me!" There is not enough pictures to show off her talent. I am really amazed at how much progress she has made. She has never had a fear of the water but it is great to know she is now safe in it.
Personally I was just too tired to change into my bathing suit. That would have required a lot more energy than I had at the time. Although I should have because the hotel had a really nice hot tub that the girls absolutely loved! They didn't last in it too long but it looked very relaxing. Plus it had a beautiful painted mural on the back wall. It really looked like a spring garden.


1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I am so impressed that you are blogging on your vacation!! I feel like I am along for the adventure!