Friday, January 9, 2009

Dancing the Holiday away!

Christmas of course is a joyous time yet this year I found myself sad. I missed being with family! Yet I was quickly reminded that time spent with family can also lead to chaos. A lot of work can go into feeding so many people. Clean up, cooking, shopping, cleaning, celebrating and of course more cleaning. Obviously it is always worth it and a lot of fun but it is exhausting. This year we spent time with Great Nani. She came over for lunch on Christmas Day. The girls were mortified when they found out they couldn't open gifts until after we ate. It was the first meal that I didn't have to coax them to finish everything on their plate. Michael did a great job of making a fantastic lunch! Plus he cleaned up the kitchen too. It was very relaxing!


The girls had noticed that I was a bit sad so they put on a few different shows for me. One time they dressed up in their princess costumes. They walked around like royalty. Saying "yes madam" and "thank you" or "if you please". They even attempted to ball room dance to Christmas carols. Although, they couldn't quite figure out who was leading. I wasn't allowed to chuckle too loudly because that isn't princess manners. I could only smile and nod. I didn't realize they knew so much about manners. It was one of the quietest times we've shared.


On Christmas Eve we went to church. Prior to the service the girls decided they wanted to go fancy to church. So, at the last minute we rushed around getting ready. They know that I love it when I can dress them up. I think it was their gift to me. Although they didn't let me fuss with their hair too much I was still happy.








The final show came on Christmas Day! They each got a set of Hannah Montana pajamas from Great Nani. They couldn't wait to wear them! So, of course I had to put on the CD and they danced and sang for me. They don't know most of the words but they got the moves! I'm not sure they have rhythm but they definitely have enthusiasm. Thankfully they didn't want to change a lot during the show. I would have much more laundry to do. They were quite happy in their cozy PJs!

Thanks to my girls my mood wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. Christmas turned out to be fun in small unexpected ways. Their joy was very contagious. Soon I found myself laughing at the silliest things. Especially when I found some Barbie shoes by baby Jesus. I'm not sure what they were doing there but that cracked me up! If I ever see Jesus driving the Barbie Camper I think I'm going to laugh until I cry!!

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I love it! Isn't it so like God to send us a sweet surprise like your day?? My heart was warmed just reading about it. The picture of them in the princess giddyup brought tears to my eyes...we all miss your girls so much! And you too! We are living for Feb!

Thanks for blogging my friend!