Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dinner with Chicks

This is Cristina's post...so keep that in mind as you read it. It is from the perspective of a 6 year old girl.

We went to the Stultz's house for dinner. We got to hold baby chicks. They felt very soft and fuzzy. They are so cute! I really didn't want to play anything else. All I wanted to do was hold another baby chick. Some of them were brown, some were yellow and brown, and some were just white. Some were small, medium and big. My favorite ones were the small brown ones. We had to sneak up behind them to pick one up.


Mr. Stultz built a special pen for them. It had food and water for the baby chicks. It also had a heating lamp to make them hot (but not too hot). If they got too hot they could go to the other corner. Most of them liked the heat and not the cold. On the bottom of the pen he put special wood chips for them to lay down on. The white ones grew VERY fast! They were very wobbly.

I can't wait to go back to their house! Next time I want to see their dog and the rest of the farm. My mom says we will have to wait until the weather is a bit warmer.

We also got to see chicks at Hills Bank. We were not allowed to pick them up this year or take pictures. My favorite was light brown with black spots. I named him Chip because it looks like chocolate chips!

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

LOVE it Cristina! Sounds like you had so much fun with those baby chicks! Holden is so jealous and Alayna can't even see straight! She just wants to hug and kiss those chicks like you did! We all miss you guys!