Sunday, December 7, 2008

Roughing it

I'm not much of a camper. Ok, who am I kidding? I'm not a camper at all! I like the outdoors for about an hour, or however long it takes to roast a few marshmallows. I could do that EVERY weekend! Mmmmm I am a bit particular on how I like them so it takes quite a while. Oh, but it is worth it!! (Now I really want some!)


I'm sure my girls would love to go camping sometime. In order to give them a slight feel for what it would be like to rough it we camp out in the living room instead. Typically that is what we do on Friday nights. We eat supper in the living room, they each get to pick out a movie, later on in the evening we have popcorn. Lately the girls have created a tent using sheets and blankets and whatever else they can find to hang off of the chairs. Sometimes this can be a lengthy process and Daddy has to lend a hand!




Here we are getting cozy for the movie. In case you are curious I didn't sleep in the tent. I lasted about 10 min. Mainly because....well just because! It didn't matter because the girls loved it. They always look forward to FamilyFunNight and that is all that truly matters!

1 comment:

sweetander said...

Looks like fun!! I think we should start a Friday Family Fun night! Thanks for sharing:)