Thursday, June 25, 2009

Roller Coaster Ride Comes To An End.....Finally!

Since December, Michael and I have been praying (and stressing) about where the girls would go to school this fall. At that time it seemed like the doors to Heritage Christian School were closing for us. We briefly looked into North Bend Elementary in North Liberty. Somehow, we began looking into homeschooling. We started to research and pray and were looking forward to attending the homeschool conference in Des Moines in June. We thought this was where God was leading us. However, everything was happening SO quickly. Typically I love change but this pace was more than I thought I could handle.

On Thursday June 4th we went into Heritage to speak with the principal. At that time we figured we'd say our goodbyes and seek his counsel. We know he has helped other homeschool families in the past. As we walked through the doors, however, I just couldn't walk away. I've come to love HCS for the past 10 years. Not being able to send our girls there would crush me. It has been my passion as a former employee and now as a parent. However, if God was asking us to leave, I'd do it despite having a disappointed heart. I truly believe that he'd carry me through it.

We had our meeting with Mr. Annis and a miracle occurred! We quickly realized that with the money saved up, some money Michael's grandmother gave us and TWO surprise anonymous donations HCS was still a possibility. Michael and I looked at each other and we couldn't believe it. I immediately felt the weight lift off of my shoulders. Even though I'm becoming more passionate about homeschooling I need more time to process it all. I want to take time to study curriculum, learn about the girls' learning styles, and get my home in order.

We may still homeschool at some point but for now, we are thrilled to send our girls to HCS in the fall! Thank you to one and all who prayed for us during this roller coaster ride. I'm glad the ride is over...at least for now!

No comments: