Friday, May 8, 2009

Pure in Heart

A few weeks ago, Victoria and I had a chance to go to a Pure in Heart Conference. It is designed for mothers and daughters to come together. Plus one of their goals is for tweens to keep themselves pure before God. This isn't just referring to sexual purity but purity in all areas. Plus it is also about seeing yourself as a princess. After all, we are the King's daughters!
She and I had time together as we listened to great music, skits and teaching and then she had her own workshop to go to with girls her own age. Every time we got together again Victoria couldn't wait to tell me about the things she was learning. For myself, communication was one of my primary goals for the conference. She is growing up so fast and lately I've felt like I've been missing out on what is going on in her life. Ever since we have been back we've been able to share more and more.
She loved getting her picture taken with the 'princess' that was there. She laughed a lot of the silly picture we took together! Honestly, though, her favorite time was when we broke off from the group and had lunch together. She just wanted to be with me and that was PRICELESS!

1 comment:

sweetander said...

It sounds like you had a precious time with your little girl! I would love to do that as Abby gets a little older.